The University of Sunderland have teamed up with Network Ticketing to provide returning Adult Nursing Practice University of Sunderland students with the opportunity to purchase a significantly reduced travel ticket.
Tickets are valid 7 days a week between 24/04/17 – 23/04/18 from the beginning to the end of services (Not valid on night buses).
Tickets can be purchased online up until midnight on Friday 19 May 2017, however please note, tickets will always have the same validity dates of 24/04/17 – 23/04/18
Students have two options:
- Option 1 – ‘Local ticket’ - Travel ticket for Tyne and Wear - £515.00
You can travel within Tyne and Wear; across the whole of the Nexus Metro system, the Shields Ferry, Arriva, Go North East and Stagecoach buses and on Northern Rail services between Sunderland and Blaydon.
- Option 2 – ‘Regional ticket’ - Travel ticket for Tyne and Wear and the wider North East region - £918.00
You will receive the same ticket as option 1 plus an additional ticket allowing you to travel in Northumberland, Durham and Teesside on Arriva, Go North East and Stagecoach buses. Exclusively available to University of Sunderland full time Students.
Click here for the map outlining the boundaries for the ‘Local’ ticket. Any travel outside of this region would require a ‘Regional’ ticket.
Click here for a guide to the type of ticket required based on your home postcode. Please note this list assumes that you are travelling to the University from your home postcode and should only be used as a reference guide. Some postcode areas cross the local and regional boundary and therefore this list may not be accurate in all circumstances. If you require any clarification please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
How will my ticket be ordered?
- Once a payment has been made online the University will order a travel ticket on your behalf
A ticket can only be ordered if:
Full payment is received by the University
You have uploaded an appropriate ‘passport style’ photograph via My Campus Card. (If you have already uploaded a picture in the past this image will be used however it may be rejected by Network Ticketing if it is not a passport style image) If required a new picture can be uploaded here.
When will I receive my ticket?
- You can collect your travel ticket between 25/04/17 – 26/05/17 from the Gateway Building, City Campus. Once you have placed your order your travel ticket should be available to collect within 7 working days (but not before 24/04/17). You can collect your travel ticket by reporting to the Gateway Desk at City Campus between 9:00am and 5:00pm Monday - Friday and requesting the Scholarships team.
You will need to provide suitable photographic I.D on collection of your ticket. You will also be required to sign and agree to the terms and conditions of use; then you can start using it straight away.
Lost or stolen tickets can be replaced once only (free of charge) at any time during the validity of the ticket, subject to:
- Theft being reported to the police, on non – emergency telephone number 101, within 48 hours and an incident number obtained.
- For a lost ticket, a claim being submitted by email to email@example.com with the following information:
Only one replacement per annum will be issued under the replacement scheme
Network Ticketing are unable to give a refund on surrendered tickets that have been replaced under the replacement scheme or re-issued, unless the original ticket is returned.
Terms and Conditions
- The travel tickets and accompanying photo cards remain the property of Network Ticketing Limited
- Travel tickets and photo cards must be shown together in the University of Sunderland ticket wallet whenever requested
- Travel tickets are not transferable, they may only be used by the person nominated on the accompanying photo card
- In the event of misuse the travel ticket and photo card will be withdrawn
- Refunds on tickets can be applied for, on production of the whole of the ticket. Refunds will be available at 1/12th of the ticket price for each calendar month of the ticket remaining, less a £20 admin fee. If a refund is required a student should contact Network Ticketing on the contact details below.
- The full Terms and Conditions for your Network One Travel Ticket can be found on the following website: www.networkonetickets.co.uk/terms
For further information in regards to the order, use, or collection of your University of Sunderland Travel Ticket please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org